DVD Duplication help ASAP PLEASEEE

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zipper1022, Feb 26, 2007.

1. zipper1022 macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY/ Boston, MA
    Hey i need to make 30 cpies of a movie i made for school but im not sure what program to use... I have toast titanium but the dvds tend to be unreliable and not work some of the time. DVD studio pro works great but it takes a long time to write one dvd....

Anyone have any suggestions on what program to use?

also, anyone know where i can get cheap cases/labels, and cheap reliable dvd-r s?

thanks alot
  2. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Feb 16, 2005
    Lyon, France
    I usually export a video_ts folder from DVD Studio Pro, import that into Toast and make a bunch of DVDs from Toast using DVD-Rs. I've never had a problem.

When you're using Toast are you clicking the "Other" tab followed by the DVD video selection? Don't use the "Data" tab: more than likely it won't use the same file format that standard DVD players use.

I've been using this method for years without a hitch.

(for cheap DVDs, try Micro Center)
  3. Keebler macrumors 68030

Jun 20, 2005
    i second mavi.

use toast. create a build from within SP.

drop the video ts into toast as mavi said.

but use reliable media. tons out there, but don't go cheap, just to be cheap. quality means you pay a bit more. if this is going to be out of pocket for you, then have whomever you are making the copies for, pay $5 a copy for your time and costs.

good luck.
  4. deebster macrumors 6502

Oct 21, 2004
    Olde Englande
    If you made the original DVD yourself then there will not be any copy protection on it I imagine, so you should be able to duplicate it using Disk Utility.

Load the original, use DU's buttons/menu to make an image of the DVD on your hard drive (probably best to use the 'Master' format, which gives a file with a .cdr extension), and burn as many copies as you like.
  5. zipper1022 thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY/ Boston, MA
    well i made the manue and eveyrhtign in dvd studio pro, if i burn it to a disc from dvd studio, then copy it back on using mac thew ripper, will toast be able to burn it?. it just needs to last, these are getting given out in my school so pewople cant watch it once then it not work the next time...