DVD Editing Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by License7, Sep 22, 2006.

1. License7 macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2006
    Hey guys,

I need a little help since I am a new Macbook Pro user. For DVD burning, I love using Roxio's Popcorn, but I can not seem to customize the movies my way before I compress them. I want to burn the movies and get rid off all the extra's but still keep the menu for navigation. I can't seem to do that with either Popcorn or DVD2onex. In Popcorn, whenever I go to customize setting and delete any extra trailers from the DVD, the menu seems to disappear. Is there any way to take out the extra's and keep only the movies with menu ? I know in PC, there is a software call VOB blanker does this, but I can't find any similar software like that for intel mac.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    You are openly discussing DVD piracy which is not allowed on this forum.
  3. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

Apr 13, 2006

Dont jump to that conclusion. Nothing in the initial post should lead you to believe that. There are numerous situations where this doing this is not piracy.

To the original poster:

1. Dont pirate movies/software/etc
    2. I do not know of any way to do that in Popcorn. I have burned full copies and I have burned stripped down movie only copies (great for wife's car so she doesnt have to mess with menus while driving).

Maybe the full Toast version includes this option. It would be nice to be able to strip out some the fluff to get better picture quality but maintain the menus.