dvd hookup

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by krossfyter, May 13, 2002.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

OKay I know this question has been asked and answered before but i cant find the link.

So....Im trying to watch dvds from my 667 tibook on a TV. How do I do this? ....Running through a vcr.

thanks.

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

3. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

it should. i have that s video hook up for my tibook. then im hooking that cord with the 3 color hookups on them red yellow white...the other side is one hookup which im hooking into the s video cable... but nothing. im connecting the white and yellow hookups to the vcr.

my terminology for this really sux.

4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hmmmm....

If you want to get techy, but cool, Radio Shack has some stuff. They have an item that will plug into your S-Video on your TiBook, and will work as a 2.4GHz Video/Music stream. It turns the SVideo into RCA jacks, and goes into a transmitter.

On the other end, at your TV, there is a reciever that will plug into your RCA jacks. Then, it is wireless DVD :D

It will cost you about 110 (tax included)

Or, you could just hook up an SVideo cable to a port on your TV ;)

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

No worries. :)

Yellow = video
    Red = right audio
    White = left audio

Since it sounds like you don't have an s-video input on the tv, use the adaptor that came with the Ti and plug the yellow cable into that.

Audio will be tougher, since you'll need a 1/8th inch mini plug to RCA adapter to get the audio out from your headphone jack to the white and red cables.

That help any?

PS. Once you plug the vid cable in don't forget to search for new displays/refresh the video output.