DVD Not Mounting

Discussion in 'macOS' started by adn rcd dly, Oct 13, 2006.

1. adn rcd dly macrumors 6502

adn rcd dly

I hope I am posting this in the right place. Whenever I put a DVD in my Mac Mini it comes up with an error saying "The Disk Inserted Could Not Be Read By This Computer" However, when I boot in SafeMode it will mount the DVD but when DVD Player opens it comes up with an error say "There is no suitable device for video playback" Any idea on what the hell is going on?

Thanks in advance

2. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Are you inserting commercial DVD's, or something which has been burned?

3. adn rcd dly thread starter macrumors 6502

adn rcd dly

Commerical. Like Nightmare Befor Christmas, Depeche Mode Touring the Angel, etc....

4. adn rcd dly thread starter macrumors 6502

adn rcd dly

maybe the error pics will help...
    the first pic is when booted in normal mode. this happens when I insert any DVD and it will not be mounted so i can't even just open a _TS folder.

the second pic is when i boot in safe mode. the disc will mount, but as the error indicates, it won't play. any clues?

Attached Files:

5. JZ Wire macrumors regular

JZ Wire

Here too...

Im having the same problem with my iMac G5 20''. If you go to the boards at apple.com under iMac G5 you will see many others with the same issues. :(

6. macboy62 macrumors regular

macboy62

I think you will find that there are many many people with DVD problems with G4/G5 iMacs etc.

I love my Mac and wouldn't change make for nothing, but this was the first thing to go wrong on my iMac G4.

It would play some older commercial DVD discs and DVD discs I burned. I waited and tried to fix with cleaning the discs and the drive. I waited and tried checking the forums and Apple Support pages.
    Before I knew it I was out of warranty with no Apple Care and the support pages were full of similar iMacs. Then it stop plying all DVD discs and now it just does not work with any DVD's or CD's. :(

So please if you can send it straight back to Apple because I don't think you can fix it.

7. adn rcd dly thread starter macrumors 6502

adn rcd dly

i was going through some old posts of mine.
    wanted to let everyone know that the problem is solved.
    unfortunately, it was a desperate times calling for desperate measures.

i took it out back and shot the son of a bitch with a 12 gauge. but now that damn window doesn't pop up, so I'm happy.

lol. yeah, not that desperate. did a clean re-install of Tiger. a reformat cleaned that problem right up. although it's fixed, I'd love to know why....