DVD Playback...HELP! 12" PB

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cowdude321, Feb 21, 2003.

1. cowdude321 macrumors newbie

Just became a switcher as of two days ago, im in love with my new 12" powerbook however when i stick a DVD in the playback is choppy and it doesnt run smooth, is this an issue anyone else has observed? its faint choppiness but being a videophile i can surely tell when something is choppy where it shouldn't be...
    additionally, the latch on this lil beaut doesnt work without me being resourceful....anything i can do to fix this problem as well?,
    thanks in advance
    ian e

2. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Hmmmm... those are not good signs. Seeing as you are a recent switcher and all, I hate to tell you this, but you may need to take it in. Especially if that latch is giving you problems, because it won't heal all by itself.

About the DVD playback, have you upgraded to 10.2.4? I have no idea why that would make a difference, but you should be at 10.2.4 anyway. Otherwise I would guess about RAM, but I know that that model ships with a minimum of 256MB, so it should be fine.

Go to Applications>Urilities?Disk Utiliy and run "Repair Disk Permissions". Sometimes that just sets everything straight again.

Good Luck!

Regards,
    Gus