dvd playback...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by BakedBeans, Jul 2, 2004.

1. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

i have a rev.c 15inch powwerbook with superdrive, i was just wondering what other peoples dvd playback is like....is yours crisp and clear or grainy....

i was hoping that i could play them back really nicely like my mums emac and my old g5, but it doesnt seem to...i havnt checked any settings and i only tried one dvd....what do you guys think?

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

DVDs playback pin-sharp on my 17", better than my Toshiba widescreen TV, but then I am a lot closer.

Try a few more discs, and remember the definition on your PowerBook is a lot higher than a CRT or TV, and will show up problems in the DVD coding/quality a lot clearer.

3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I've ran several movies, and some were better then others. Bruce Almighty didn't look amazing. Pirates of the carribean ran very well, very crisp. As did Matrix Reloaded. I am planning on trying the Lord of the Rings movies sometime soon. I'm sure those will look really good too. I also just got a 15" PB, 2 weeks ago.

4. BakedBeans thread starter macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

i just tried lasst of the samurai and that was very clear... so clear it picks up imperfection ( ironic ) i think its sometimes the quality of the discs.... thatnks for putting my mind at rest... im loving the portability of the powerbook, and its got a great keyboard also....sweetttttt