DVD Player Digital out skipping and popping.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by stevey500, Jul 26, 2005.

1. stevey500 macrumors 6502

Sep 8, 2004
    Huntington, Utah
    Hey there... I have the m-audio revolutions 5.1 card and I have always used this card for system audio, recording, and digital out for watching dvds with no problem. I just tried watching the Blue Man Group dvd... I have dvd player set to use the spdif out as I always have, it works, but not great. When the dvd is at the menu ( stereo soundtrack ) i can hear the audio but there is annoying pops in the audio, someone like just a bunch of static pops one randomly one after another. When I watched a DTS track it sounded good but the audio skipped. I dont understand why it is doing this now and never had done it before. I have tried other dvds and get the same result. When I set my system audio output to spdif, itunes and all other apps play the audio fine with no pops or skips, I am starting to think the system audio output is conflicting with the DVD player app audio output. I have tried switching my system audio out to my analog 5.1 out but it still seems to be conflicting... or something, anyone have any idea on how to help? thanks.
  2. pcdoctor macrumors member

Jan 28, 2002