DVD player reads "Supported Disc Not Available"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dfriis, Feb 1, 2007.

1. dfriis macrumors newbie

Hi
    Home movies that I have burnt on iDVD and Disc Ultilty do not work anymore on my emac (10.4.8). I get a message saying "Supported Disc Not Available." These are home movies made in iMovie and not copies of shop bought dvd's. I have tried changing the NTSC and PAL settings on iDVD and iMovie, but this doesn't seem to fix anything. I am able to play the movies perfectly on my TV and on my work mac book. This is a fairly new thing and it never happened in the past. I have already loaded the ilife 05 disc to see if it fixed any glitches, but it is the same.
    Any suggestions would be greatly received.

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

You burned them and successfully used them in the eMac before?

Do other types of CDs/DVDs work in the eMac's drive?

3. dfriis thread starter macrumors newbie

I have burned media (cd, dvd) in the emac previoulsy without any hassle.
    Video rentals and shop bought dvd's work fine. A friend gave me a home movie he made on his PC and it even works. CD's load, play and import fine in iTunes. I think maybe its time to take the machine in to the apple shop and see if something is wrong with the superdrive, etc (hassle though).
    I forgot to mention that when I use iDVD, sometimes I get a broken up picture on the iDVD screen (only for a few seconds) like the picture is breaking up. But the movie still plays fine on my mac book after it is burnt.

4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Don't worry about the breaking up. Thats probably just the gfx card playing catch-up to the live preview in iDVD. If the discs play fine in other drives then its likely something software/hardware based on the computer [eMac] and not something wrong with the media. Do you know how to run the Apple Hardware Test?