DVD Player with Amnesia?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Xenious, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Xenious macrumors 6502a

I've got a problem with DVD player. It doesn't remember its volume setting (and occasionally it forgets other settings). If I delete the perf file it will start over with the default settings, however it seems to only remember that volume setting. (ie volume always starts up at halfway and not where I left it). If I check the pref (.plist) file it will be updated with the date i last quit DVD player. I did a repair permissions and ensured I had read and write access to the perf file.

I've had various problems previously with DVD player not remembering other settings (at one time it always started bringing up the on screen overlay display - the green text info thing). I managed to kill that by deleting the pref file.

Any idea what is happening and what I can do to make DVD player remember things better? Vitamins? rm -r? ;)

Thanks for any tips. For what its worth I'm running 10.3.8 with all the latest security patches. No mods or GUI hacks.
    -jim

(constant typo's fixed :) )

2. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

i have no idea how to fix dvd player but heres two things
    use VLC media player. it plays almost anything, including DVD and DVD files ripped to your hard drive.
    its a pref file. as in short for preference