Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Hey all, I really dont know much about mac stuff. I got my iBook 14'' in about november. Since then A tremendous learning expirance but their is a few things I cant figure out.

What Programs do you reccommend for me to extract sound from a DVD while playing into a WAV or MP3 or (Sound File)

How do I take a capture of a Frame I want while viewing a DVD?

and I wanted to make my own music video using clips from various DVD's, I know I can Use iMovie I think... I just dont know how to extract certain clips from my DVD into files.

Thanks all for the help. :D

teh bunneh

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
What Programs do you reccommend for me to extract sound from a DVD while playing into a WAV or MP3 or (Sound File)

and I wanted to make my own music video using clips from various DVD's, I know I can Use iMovie I think... I just dont know how to extract certain clips from my DVD into files.

Download Handbrake. This will enable you to rip entire DVDs (which is quite handy), and then you can extract audio and/or clips from the video files created. I'm not sure if you'd be able to use iMovie to take screenshots from the file. But this should get you most of the way there.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Hi iBunny, I think we have the same (or close to) iBook and I have used Capture Me for screen shots from dvd's for painting/drawing purposes and it works very well. All you have to due is pause the dvd and then capture the frame(s) you want.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
iBunny said:
Hey all, I really dont know much about mac stuff. I got my iBook 14'' in about november. Since then A tremendous learning expirance but their is a few things I cant figure out.

Thanks all for the help. :D

teh bunneh
If you're interested in cheap (or free) solutions, then you have some options.

For extracting the sound, you could use AudioHiJack. It's shareware, but there's a demo version. Works great.

For frame capture, you could use VLC to play the DVD and use the regular Finder screen grabs. VLC is free.

For extracting video clips from a DVD, you have a few options. Handbrake does work, but the latest revision does not allow for ripping of individual chapters. So you have to rip the entire movie, which can be time consuming. Also, the output files may need some further processing before using in iMovie. There's a beta of the latest Handbrake (0.7) that allows for individual chapter ripping.

ft

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.