DVD Remaster?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jen5678, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Jen5678 macrumors regular

After you compress a video file in dvd remaster and it still isn't compressed enough to fit on a dvd can you delete certain files or will it effect the burning? ex. the movie is in 2 languages, can I get rid of the second language?

2. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

does this program change some of your files to a different language?

3. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

If it is not compressing the movie enough then I guess you're doing something wrong or the app has issues. I wouldn't know, I use DVD2OneX and have never run into such a problem. Anyway you cannot manually delete languages, only through such an app like DVDRemaster or DVD2oneX.

4. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I tried DVD2onex and it put each title into a seperate folder all as the same name. So I couldn't burn it so I tried this app.

5. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I don't quite understand what you are saying. It creates a Video_TS and an Audio_TS folder and images those so you can burn the image...

6. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

In each Video_TS folder it made another video_ts folder that the next image would go into and because it was making them in new folders it created the images as all the same name

7. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I have never seen this behaviour, are you sure you are following the instructions correctly?

8. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

the only thing I can think of that I am doing wrong is in the copy: section, I have FILM selected

I can choose from
    FILM
    DISC COPY
    or
    JOIN

??????????????????????????

9. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

I think I might be ripping it wrong

How do I change to rip in DVD Mode instead of IFO Mode in MacTheRipper?

10. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

- You rip the DVD with MTR to your HD.
    - Create an empty folder to compress the DVD to.
    - Then in DVD2OneX you choose the source folder and movie only or disc copy and select the languages you want.
    - Then you click create an image and enter the disc name to the right.
    - After that you hit go and it will ask you for the destination folder. There you take the empty one you created. Click ok and there you go.
    30-35 minutes later you have a burnable image that you can burn with disc utility.

Hope that helps.

11. Jen5678 thread starter macrumors regular

when I try to compress it in disc mode it comes up with an error saying that I need to copy the video in dvd mode, then it says error adjusting the IFO file. It does not match the VOB file

12. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Are you ripping it with MacTheRipper? Just rip the main feature in MTR and try it then with a movie only copy.
    You are also selecting the Video_TS folder as the source for DVD2OneX, correct? Just making sure.
    Besides this I am not too sure what the problem might be. Try it exactly as I said above and see if you can get it to work.