Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ndmccormack

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
London, UK
This is driving me insane!

we;re trying to make a dvd of some motion graphics that we've created...
the render is 720x576@25 fps, non interlaced

I take it into compressor, compress it as mpeg 2 (60-min high quality setting) I take this into dvd studio pro and the dvd produced is really pixelated, as if its been stretched, so..

I double check everything and compress the render again, check the m2v file and its 720x540????

I create a new mpeg2 setting to make sure its definelty set for PAL let compressor do its job and it creates a 720x540 file... so...

I take the original render dtraight into dvd studio pro 2, set up the dvd, makinfg sure its PAL again, blah de blah.. same thing the render looks really pixelated, as if its been stretched by dvd studio to correct PAL dimensions...

Now.. I'm sure that I'm correct in saying that dvd pal dimensions are still 720x576, so why is compressor repeatedly scaling it to 720x540???

I've tried this on two computers now and the same thign happens

any ideas???

Software used
After Effects 5.5
Final Cut Pro 4.5
DVD studio pro 2
Compressor 1.2

cheers
Niall

ndmccormack

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
London, UK
It all depends on what pixels you're using, we deisgn to 768, as thats square pixels, but tv's have retengular pixels and thus the 720 image is 'stretched out' by the tv to fill the same area as a 768 image...

either way, compressor still encodes to 720x540...

bugger...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.