DVD Ripper for the PC?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacAztec, Mar 27, 2004.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Hey. My sister is down from college, and she was going through all of our DVDs that she wanted to be able to take back to college with her. She made a pile of about 10, and now I need a way of copying them for her.

I don't want to burn DVDs of the movies (like a DVD Copy), I just want to put them in her CD/DVD drive on her iBook, and copy them to a .avi file that is about 1GB.

So, I got forty-two. It does each DVD Movie in about 10 hours (too long). We have a fast PC, and I know there is software out there that would do the same thing that forty-two does.

I have searched all over version tracker, and every single dvd ripper seems to be by the same person, under a different name. It just has a different skin. They all suck, and they all want like 100$ to work.

Does anyone know of something that i can get to do this? I don't want to make a direct DVD to DVD copy, just a DVD to divx, .avi thing.

2. Opteron macrumors 6502

Feb 10, 2004
    South Australia
    Why yes I know.
    you need thee programs and a few codecs.

DVDdecrypter/DVDRipper - to copy the DVD .VOB file to your computer
    FlaskMPEG (I like version 5) - to encode the DivX file, depending on your system this can take a while.
    virtual dub - to chop up the file if it's too big for 1 CD.

PM me and I'll send you a CD with all you need.