dvd ripping/handbrake

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by itcheroni, Feb 12, 2006.

1. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

So I tried ripping an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm to an AVI file and, after it took about an hour, it doesn't work. The message said there might be something on the Quicktime site that might make it work but I have no clue what to try.

Can anyone offer some advice? I have a 1.5 ghz mini and used Handbrake, by the way.

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

For future reference, posting the exact error message you get is very important to diagnose your problem. Most experienced tech support people know never to trust what someone think they read in an error message. however, my guess is your ripped an avi with a codec with quicktime that you haven't downloaded. your'll have to figure what codec your ripper used and download it.

3. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Just use mp4 in the future instead of AVI. Or, you can seach the forums and figure out where to get the appropriate plug-in for Quicktime. I'd tell you if I remembered. The file itself is probably fine.

Or just download VLC player and see if it plays there. It should, plus it goes fullscreen.

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Try playing it in VLC or looking for QT codecs.

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    sounds to me like you ripped it wrong...or ended it too early.

If handbrake got all the way though, and said the "uh yuh" or whatever it says when it's done, it should play fine in QT.