Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrPink1213

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Los Angeles
Ok, so I've got every DVD ripping/compressing/burning program there is and still can't find the right combination. I have a DVD from England called "I'm Alan Partridge." I tried to rip this using mac the Ripper (as well as another DVD from England) and something came up saying it had bad sectors. I then tried to burn the Video_TS file in Toast to no avail. I've also used handbrake and was able to rip successfully, but then what do I use to get the quality good enough for a regular DVD player and not just an ipod?

Any help is greatly appreciated because this is starting to get on my nerves. Thanks!

Danielle

MrPink1213

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Los Angeles
Have you got the full version of HandBrake, or Instant HandBrake? Either one should allow you to select a different format, other than iPod. :)

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I do have the full version of Handbrake, but as far as I know, there are only two choices: MPEG 4 or AAC. Aren't DVD's supposed to be MPEG 2? Thanks.

Danielle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.