DVD Ripping Trouble! Please Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Josephkyles, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Josephkyles macrumors regular

I'm trying to rip my copy of 'Monster House' to itunes so that I can play it on my ipod. I've tried Handbrake, and Mactheripper and neither will work. If I use Handbrake it only rips the first few seconds of video, if I use Mactheripper it gets to the very end and says 'Bad Sector' and quits. There are no scratches on the disc. It is brand new.

2. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

it's propperly because the DVD is encrypted or whatever it's called... It sucks that no software can do this because I have an old DVD that's getting to the end of the line because one of my friends scratched it and now it only works half the time....

3. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I have run into this issue before as well. In those cases I have had luck using OSeX to rip the DVD, and using DiVA to compile the video into a useable media format for my iPod, or for iSquint to work with.

This Site has all the information how to rip the DVD for general purposes (includes links for downloads), but doesn't talk about iPod ripping. You can either figure out the correct iPod bitrate, size and compression, or just make a large AVI file and have iSquint take care of it for you.

4. keithbennis macrumors regular

keithbennis

Yeah, the newer movies have an encryption on them that won't let current rippers rip them........ I've looked on the Mactheripper forums and MTR 3.0 will be able to rip them....

You can go on their website and donate them money for the free program and they'll send you a link to MTR 3.0 Beta, which supposedly can bypass this encryption.

5. keithbennis macrumors regular

keithbennis

Yeah I just tried to copy my copy of Monster House and I'm getting denied.. :mad:

Figure out a solution?

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Wow, that's strange definition of "free"... :confused:

7. keithbennis macrumors regular

keithbennis

Well I was just saying it's a free program (MTR) they just want donations for their work........ to get 3.0 beta early...... lol

8. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

if you still haven't found your answer...

www.ripdifferent.com is a great site for any and all DVD ripping questions.