DVD-Rs

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stoid, Apr 20, 2003.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

What is the best brand of DVD-Rs? I'm putting a movie on DVD for the cast members. Does one DVD type play more consistently on DVD players? What is the best way to ensure compatibility for playback?

2. alexlai5050 macrumors member

you shhould get bulk paq ones there gr8 and cheap i burnt around a few hundred and they all work
    i think u can get it of ebuyer.com

3. DVDSP macrumors regular

Re: DVD-Rs

Here is a quote from Ralph LaBarge that I found on another forum (Ralph has had a long career in DVD authoring and seems to know what he is talking about, he contributes to DV Magazine):

"Use one of the name brands such as Pioneer, TDK, Verbatim or Maxell. They will give you the best results, although it still is far from perfect. Even the best brands of DVD-R or DVD+R media will only work reliably on less than 90% of the consumer DVD players out there."

Here is an in depth article on DVD-R compatability. It requires signing up for an account on their website, but it's free. This is an informative read, but you'll want to skim the boring parts.

Just out of curiosity, who are the cast members you speak of and what are they in?

4. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Fujifilm

Im new to DVD-Rs but I have cut about 30 DVD-Rs with Fugifilm brad disks. They are well priced and I have had no problems at all. I just ordered 100 Sony's and 100 printable TDK's .... Ill see how those go.

5. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

Only concerning the media, not the machine burning it:
    FujiFilm has done us well.
    We have burned thousands of gigs of data, and we have never a problem with the media. I think that is impressive.