DVD-RW Software Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ngcomputing, Mar 10, 2005.

1. ngcomputing macrumors newbie

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a program like the old Direct CD that will let me write / erase files from my DVD-RW / CD-RW Super Drive? Basically, it treats it like a floppy.

I'm wanting to back up all my files to DVD-RW and then just overwrite the old files with newer ones when needed. Otherwise I have to copy the contents of the DVD back to the drive, replace the files, then write the entire disc back out. What a hassle.

Thanks!

ngcomputing.

2. malice macrumors newbie

Hey, I just came back to add a reply to my post that I made a week or so ago it was pretty much the exact same question you asked but I will just post it here so I don't have to hunt my thread down as its probally 10 pages past now :/ anyway the general reply from people was no OSX wont do it, but I had also emailed Roxio to enquire if toast could do this (as we also require this function) the answer is toast doesn't do it but they have a product that does, I'll put the reply from them below.

---Start---
    Thank you for your e-mail
    Easy Media Creator 7 does have the ability to perform the function listed. Please visit the following link for more information.
    http://www.roxio.com/en/products/ecdc/index.jhtml
    Regards
    Customer Support
    ---End---

I have not tried it yet, it is a bit too expensive to just buy, I will see if our guy wants to get it or not. If it we get it and it works I will try hunt this thread down and post, but if you get it could you also do the same? like post if it works and if it was easy to do or not?

Thanks

(EDIT: I forgot to add in the email I asked this question for CD/RW's but I assume it would work for DVD/RW's aswell as it is CD + DVD software)