DVD SP Shortcut Keys

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by DrRock, Dec 13, 2005.

1. DrRock macrumors regular

Ok, this is probably a retarded question but I've looked through the manual, and the help menu, and I can't find an answer:

Aren't there default shortcut keys? I know some, but I thought there was one for adding clips to the timeline. I can't figure out what it is. I should be able to just highlight a clip in a bin, then press the apple key + something to add it to the timeline, right? Once again, poorly written manuals are impeding my progress. Any help would be amazing! Thanks.

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

It appears there isn't a KB shortcut for adding clips to the timeline.

Have you checked the Keyboard Shortcuts.pdf file located in the DVD Studio Pro User Manual.pdf package contents?

~/Library/Documentation/FCS Documentation/DVD Studio Pro User Manual.pdf/Contents/Resources/*.lproj/

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

3. DrRock thread starter macrumors regular

Duh!

I'm an idiot. First off, I meant FCP HD, not DVD SP. (i edited the original) Secondly, I finally found it in my Quick reference quide. It's F9. But, strangely enough, when I hit F9, it goes to like "show all" on my desktop. Anyway, I'll use the "overwrite clip" button. Thanks guys!

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

You have to change the Expose shortcut keys because they override FCP's shortcuts.

Lethal