DVD splicing question

Discussion in 'Community' started by AliensAreFuzzy, Sep 23, 2005.

1. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

A friend of mine wants to insert a small clip into a DVD movie. Now I'm trying to think of how I could easily do that in a day, and frankly I'm coming up short. So I was wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice.
    So here's what I want to do in short:
    Have a Movie on DVD.
    Want to put a clip (friend is asking a girl to homecoming) in the middle of the movie.
    Want to put the spliced movie back onto DVD.

My orignial idea was to use a camera with DV passthrough, record it onto computer, then use editing software to put the clip in and put it on DVD. But if anyone else has a better idea, that would be great.

2. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Well you wont be able to put it on the original DVD... but if you have a SuperDrive, you can burn a new one.

I recomend DVDxDV. www.dvdxdv.com. You can extract the files from the DVD to your HD. Then you can import the files into iMovie and edit them... do w/e you want with them. Then iMovie sends it over to iDVD and you reburn the movie.

Understand???

3. AliensAreFuzzy thread starter macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I know I can't put it back on the original dvd. And if this program works like you say, It'll be perfect

4. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

o... and I forgot to mention... you have to pay for it. The free version, has DVDxDV on the clips.

5. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

If it's a copy protected dvd you can use MacTheRipper to get the disc on your HD, it's free but you'll have to google it and hunt down a site as it's being "banned" and shifting all over, or PM me and I'll send you the dmg

6. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020