DVD studio pro 3 encoding

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TimHung, Apr 21, 2005.

1. TimHung macrumors newbie

I have a 60 min video in mpeg2 and 3 wave audio for a DVD project. When I try to build and burn to DVD-5, the stupid computer keep saying that the video bit rate is too high. It stopped when muxing VTS-01-1.vob starts. I already put the encoding bit rate to 2. Can anyone help me?

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Use A.Pack to encode the audio files to 192Kbps if they are Stereo.

3. sebisworld macrumors 6502

You should be fine with a bitrate of about 8500 Kb/s (actually, you could go up to 8850 if you do not have any menus). You need to convert your audio files to AC3 first, though (I would recommend a rate of 224 Kb/s).
    If you don't feel like converting the audio files, you can only go up to 5000 Kb/s, which I would not do.

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

You have a 9mb/sec data rate (approx) that needs to cover audio and video, if you are using .wav or .aiff audio, then you are using 1411Kb/sec (1.4mb/sec) for the audio, and your video data rate should not exceed 7mb/sec, if you limit the data rate by converting to a stereo AC3 file as has been suggested, then you can use up to 8.5mb/sec (approx).

So, you have two choices, re-encode your video to a lower rate MPEG2 or re-encode your audio to AC3. I'm assuming that your video is already below the nominal 9mb/sec.