DVD Studio Pro 4 Problems

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by baummer, Oct 17, 2006.

1. baummer macrumors 6502a

So I spent a long time trying to figure this out, and now I need some assistance. I have an .avi file I imported. Setup menus, etc. Go to Build/Format, and it stops about 30% and says it cannot continue. So I thought it must be the .avi format. So I tried splitting it into files using Compressor (both video and audio files). Well, the video worked fine, but the audio failed. Can anyone help me here? Additionally, I had an MPG copy from the .avi that worked flawlessly, and then I tried to import it into DSP and it said it's an incompatible format. I'm really confused, can someone help? :confused:

2. techster85 macrumors regular

I would try compressing the video differently. Try to compress the MPG file, and i would use like 120 minute fastest for my setting. Then, it will put out an m2v and an aiff file (and the dolby file too, but i just delete that). Where did you export the movie from? You might try to import it into Final Cut or iMovie and try to re-export it as a quicktime file. You can then recompress it and it should work a little better than the .AVI file. I hope that this maybe helps, but it might not.