DVD Studio Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by carpe diem, Oct 11, 2005.

1. carpe diem macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2005
    What encoding should i use in FCP to burn a DVD in DSP (DVD STUDIO PRO). The movie is 1.5 hours. Also can some one explain exactly how i do it as it is very confusing for me. Thank You Very Much

P.S. I do not have a Dual Layer Super Drive.
  2. killmoms macrumors 68040

Jun 23, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Just export using compressor. Compressor has some presets for MPEG-2 which would work nicely. It's an option under the Export menu in FCP as I recall. Sorry, don't have time to look at it right now.
  3. carpe diem thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2005
    Please elaborate When i use compressor it says it is an invalid file format.
  4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    You need to use one of the DVD presets in Compressor. If you've got 1.5 hours, use the 90-minute DVD-Video preset.
  5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    Do you have a video file already rendered into a .mov on your desktop or something?

OR do you simply have a final cut project that when FCP is open, you can view?

Either way, you should be able to drag and drop the FCP file or the .mov into compressor. If not, you arent dragging the right file.
  6. carpe diem thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2005
  7. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Convert it to DV (digital video) and then try it. I recommend using QT to Mpeg 4 or Export to QT. Both are inexpensive shareware solutions (QT to Mpeg contains Export to QT if you buy it, otherwise you can just buy Export by itself.)