DVD taking forever to burn then does not work in player

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by crjeong, Oct 25, 2006.

1. crjeong macrumors member

I created a dvd folder in DVD Studio Pro, and then I wanted to burn it to disc.

So I dragged the VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folders over into the burn folder and started the burn process.

It took 3 hours to burn a 4.7GB disc at 16x speed, and then I discover the disc didn't even play on my set top dvd player.

I tried burning another disc, and I had the same problem.

I have burnt other files to disc successfully in the past. Why wont my dvd-video folders burn?

2. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

i think you have to create a disc image with the VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folders.

3. simontarr macrumors 6502

simontarr

What brand DVDs are you using?

I just brought 25 tesco CD-Rs and the whole lot are s***. Failed burns right, left & centre and sometimes I don't get as far as even burning. I get a wonderful message telling me "Medium Error". OK, they only cost me a fiver, but the moral of the story is- don't buy cheap blanks.

Ignore this message if you have Sonys or equivilent! :D

4. crjeong thread starter macrumors member

I figured out the problem. I was trying to burn files from my external hard drive which was plugged into the usb port on the keyboard (so i think it was running at usb1, not usb2).

I plugged the external hard drive into a port on the tower and the discs burnt fine.

Problem solved...

5. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Can't vouch for the CD-R's from Tescos but never had a problem with their DVD-R's, burnt 100's of them and not one bad one. Now Maxell are crapolla imo.
    I've burnt DVD's using iDVD that some consumer players will either not play or 'stutter' the audio/video. So it could be your DVD player or the drive you are using to burn them with. I replaced my last one simply because it was fussy over what media I used. Whereas this PHILIPS DVDR1660P1 is flawless and fast.