DVD through iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by G5Unit, Oct 13, 2005.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

How is playing DVD's from the iPod onto a Tube TV? Will it be blurry? Cause if I go to someones house and hook up the iPod with the s video cable and watch a ripped DVD I want it to look good.

2. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

The movies on the iPod are 320x240, TV resolutions are usually at a minimum 640x480, and the newer HDTVs are 1366x768. Or the really high end ones are 1920x1200.

You can do it, I believe it'll be blurry tho'. It's not like photos where they have the photo optimized for viewing on the iPod and a higher resolution one for TV.

Just look at it this way ... would blowing something up 200% make things blurry on your computer? Now stretch that to be the size of the TV.

3. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Man that sucks. I don't want to buy it anymore.

4. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Well who knows, maybe it's not bad at all. The best way is to actually see it for yourself right?

5. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Well I remember putting a 352 by 240 simpsons episode on a digital camera and then plugging it into my tv and it looked good, yet that was when I was like 11 and my eye wasn't trained that well.

6. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Just because that's the resolution of the video iPod screen doesn't mean that it's the max resolution of any video file it can play (though the output card might have it capped at that, someone's going to have to give it a try). Anyways, during the days of old a VHS movie only had a resolution of 320x240, so it wouldn't be any worse than watching a tape.