DVD to MP3 software?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by D0ct0rteeth, Jun 14, 2002.

1. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

So I just bought the train midnight moon dvd and I want to make an audio copy for the car.

Is there an easy way to extract the audio out as mp3 format?

i see versiontracker lists audioX.. which exports to quicktime files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

C-

2. D0ct0rteeth thread starter macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Well AudioX is crap.. it crashes everytime I try to select an imput source...

so.. um... any other ideas :)

i'll keep looking

C-

3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Not sure about ripping the audio tracks from the dvd, but what are you doing it for?? If you want the soundtrack to a movie, why not slip over to Newbury Comics and see what they have??

BTW, don't you just love this weather we are getting up here??? :rolleyes: I have today and Monday off, and those bastard weathermen are saying it will be raining for just about all of it... I thought it was at least going to be decent on Monday, so that I could get some more riding time in, but now... friggin rain. At least the grill is under a covered porch, so that I can use it no matter what the weather is. Need to prep dinner soon... picked up some lamb to toss onto the bbq... :D

4. D0ct0rteeth thread starter macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Alpha;

Its a music/concert dvd... its impossible to get on cd.. i bought the dvd at Newbury Comics in woburn though :)

As far as the weather goes I have golf plans for sunday in Stow.. and oh yeah rain ALL weekend. looks like me and the weatherman at NECN are gonna have to have a chat :)

Thanks anyway alpha.

C-

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

D0c, let me know if you need any help 'talking' with that weather personage. I have a few bones to pick with it. :D

Maybe you should let some of your golf clubs do the talking... heh heh heh, 9-iron to the left nut... :D

Have you checked version tracker for other software to pull the audio off of the dvd??? I am sure that they have something else that will do better then the one you tried, unless that is the best there is for the Mac.