DVD to MP4 on Windows PC

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by m11rphy, Nov 24, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Hi all

I current use IVI for converting dvd's to mp4 on my mac its a great app that converts the film and meta data in one go.

My gift has just bought her ill sis an iPod touch and I need a similar app she can use on her windows pc, can anyone recommend a good all in one app that's easy to use

2. macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Handbrake. Use it on your Mac too. It's free and usually regarded as the best solution out there.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks I have used hand breake but find IVI a better app also it doesn't handle meta data

4. macrumors member

Try the PC spinoff of MetaX, which, unlike the Mac version, is stil being actively updated:
    http://www.danhinsley.com/metax/metax.html

Handbrake + MetaX should give your sister ripping + tagging functionality.

5. macrumors 6502

I have a Mac Mini and a custom built gaming computer. I have a 64 bit version of Window's 7 Professional and I can't get Handbrake and DVD43 to work on my 64 bit version of Window's. Handbrake and VLC work great on my Mac Mini, but I would like to use my Quad Core i7 processor on my gaming computer, but can't find a solution for 64 bit Windows.

6. macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Or MetaZ for Mac:
    http://griff.github.com/metaz/

----------

What isn't working with it? I'm sure Dynaflash could help you out if you either PM him or if he comes over to this thread.

7. macrumors 6502

On Window's 64 bit DVD43 is a plugin. It will encode the movie, but the end file is pixilated.

8. macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Yeah I'm no expert on this stuff... I mean I know some stuff, but some other members could probably help a lot more. I mean, Dynaflash is a developer for handbrake so he would definitely supply loads of help to you.

9. macrumors newbie

10. macrumors member

Poland, Warsaw and Masurian Lake District
    I use MakeMKV and Handbrake on Windows 7 and 8, both 64 bit. This combination works ok.