DVD X Copy through VirtualPC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JDK INC, Oct 7, 2004.

1. JDK INC macrumors newbie

I was wondering if there was anyone who has both VirtualPC and DVD X Copy and every successfully used it in a superdrive equipped mac.

I know what some of you are going to say, but i have a very large collection and keep them in a 400 disc changer. I dont want to have to go take them out and damage them on the road.

I was just thinking it would probably be easier than going through the three or four programs necessary on a mac to backup DVD's.

2. rand() macrumors regular

I'm not entirely sure it would work, I haven't played with Virtual PC much. The big issue (to me, anyway) would be the question of whether VPC has direct burning capabilities.

Also, and I'm only half-kidding when I say this, but for 400 DVD's it may be faster to:
    - Wait until Tiger comes out, and use Automator to make those 4 programs into one simple task, thus using the true native speed of your Mac,
    as opposed to:
    - Buy VPC, install Windows, install DVDXCopy, and sssllllooooowwwwllllyyyy :eek: start making backups.

If time is of the essense, buy VPC and pick your 2 or 3 favs, they might be copied by the Christmas travelling season.

:)

-rand()

3. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Get DVD2OneX

or preferably Fast DVD copy (very expensive but there might be other ways of getting it ;) )

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If all you need is a VIDEO_TS folder that's playable in DVD Player, use DVDBackup. It's free, and probably much faster than using something in VPC.

5. Skizza macrumors newbie

I use DVDBackup, works great....there is also a program to compress the DVD to 4.4GB so you can fit movie on 1 DVD. Unfortunatley it does cost, it's called DVD2ONE X....WORKS GREAT!!!

6. SumDumGuy macrumors regular

7. Skizza macrumors newbie

Ironically, I can copy, compress, and burn DVD'd to one blank DVD, but am having difficulty burning Mpeg's as a DVD to play on my DVD player. I assumed that you can drag multiple Mpeg file into Toast (6), and burn it as a DVD file with each Mpeg file serving as a chapter. Is this possible? if so, HOW????? help !!!!!!!

8. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Don't even worry about trying to use DVD X Copy - just use DVD Backup and then DVD2OneX. That's all you'll ever require for your needs, legal or otherwise... ;) :cool: