Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DVDwannabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Indiana
Here is my question. I am currently trying to copy my copies of the Royal Tenenbaums and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but DVD Backup is giving me this error or sorts saying that it won't copy. It will copy all but one VOB file. They are both around VOB1_3 and VOB 1_5. I was just wondering if it still is possible to copy these DVDs or is it more encryption that won't allow us to copy them.

Thanks

Schiffi

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Missouri
You can copy them. Start playing them in OSX's DVD Player then as the movie starts close the DVD Player. DVDBackup should then work.

DVDwannabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Indiana
Used DVD player

I have done that, I have followed all the instructions to make the copy. Most of the files copy, but only one or two files do not. TheDVD does skip in parts, would that be any problem. Would the laser not be reading that material, which in turn prohibit me from getting data from the disc? Just a thought.

dynamicd

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Chicago
When you do DVD Backup, there should be only one or two Video TS files that you should extract to burn. Everything else is unimportant.

DVDwannabe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Indiana
I don't think you understand what I am saying. I copy the DVD, which has a lot of VOB files, but one or two VOB files don't copy. I don't think its an encryption thing. I think the disc might be messed up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.