DVDSP 2 Won't Burn!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pdpfilms, Mar 17, 2005.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

So i recently tried burning a 24p DVD in DVDSP2. It didn't work, and afte reading through the manual, I found 24p isn't supported in 2, but is in 3. So I went back and tried to re-encode the video on regular NTSC, and it ended up not looking so bad. I went to burn it, and got the same error... "Could not read video file". I figured it must have to do with that particular file, and tried another MPEG-2 encode that i had previously burned with no problem.

nope. "Could not read video file". No matter what i do, DVD studio pro will not read my video files, 24p or not. What's the deal?

I verified and repaired permissions on the disk (which ended up destroying my iTunes Library file, damnit), and had no results. I just reinstalled the software, and deleted all the preference panes. Nothin. Any ideas?

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

What encoder?

Compressor and BitVice both output 24P compatible mpeg2 streams for DVDSP.

3. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

4. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I'm using Compressor....
    but i'm pretty sure the compressor's not the issue. The fact that DVDSP is giving me "could not read video file" messages on video files i'd previously put to dvd makes me think it's something with DVDSP.

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Re-install DVDSP and Quicktime. It appears the mpeg2 helium translator for DVDSP is corrupted or missing.

6. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Is there anywhere i can check to see if this is the problem? Is the translator searchable?

7. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Is your project NTSC or PAL? Make sure the project setting and the MPEG2 streams are of the same format.

I don't know where to look for it. Most likely it's in the DVDSP package or in Quicktime folder in your system library, or it could be hidden.

8. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

The project is NTSC, as is every piece of video i've ever edited.

Any ideas how this file may have become corrupt or missing? Gah!!

9. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Hard to say, but re-installing DVDSP will restore all modules and proper pro application support with Quicktime.