DVI Output resolution of PB 17"

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lisbakke, Sep 17, 2005.

1. lisbakke macrumors newbie

So I just bought a new 24" Dell 2405FPW monitor http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1774271,00.asp.

It's absolutely huge, and beautiful. However, I'm dissapointed to find that plugging it into my PB wasn't nearly as intuitive as plugging it into my PC laptop.

I want to do a few things:

1. I want to have my laptop monitor turn off while it's got the Dell monitor going.
    2. I don't want my PB to sleep when I shut it and the Dell monitor is plugged into the DVI.
    3. I want to use the max resolution supported by my dell monitor (1900 x 1200)
    4. If not 3, then I want the highest possible resolution that my PB will output, and I want it to take up the whole Dell screen - When I do this right now, it has about 2.5 inches of black monitor space on every side of the monitor.
    [​IMG]

On the monitor settings, the options for increasing the horizontal/vertical size are blacked out, so I can't just "zoom in" to this resolution.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

I think its on mirror mode. You have to close the PB, then I you can set it to the max res. Make sure you have a KB+mouse, as its required to do this.Or you can extend your desktop, but then you'd be using your PB (You said you want it off)...

BTW, I envy you, I'm planning to get one of those too. ;)

3. lisbakke thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya :D eBay for $860 total... went and picked it up 30 mins from my house!! It's awesome.

Everytime I close the pb, it sleeps. Yes, I'm on mirror mode, but I don't know how to get it to stop being so sleepy when I close it =/

4. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Yes. Its supposed to sleep... Ant the KB+mouse wakes it back up. So plug those in and wake it up to your awesome display :D

5. lisbakke thread starter macrumors newbie

YOU ROCK!!! Thanks so much, really. Wow, this is beautiful. WHAT DO I DO WITH ALL THIS SCREEN SPACE??????? Maybe I'll plug my xBox in and play games on it and then picture in picture web browse!