Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KooBrewoP

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2004
behind you!
i recently bought a Sony SDME-E96D 19" LCD Monitor with DVI and VGA ports, and in the next week i will be getting a black 2CHz MacBook. What i was wondering was should i buy the DVI to DVI apple adaptor as opposed to using the standard VGA connection? Will the DVI increase picture quality?

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Yes...

i recently bought a Sony SDME-E96D 19" LCD Monitor with DVI and VGA ports, and in the next week i will be getting a black 2CHz MacBook. What i was wondering was should i buy the DVI to DVI apple adaptor as opposed to using the standard VGA connection? Will the DVI increase picture quality?

You want the mini DVI to DVI connecting, which, unless they changed it recently (the last computer I bought was the most recent 12" powerbook), is included with your Macbook.

DVI is digital, VGA is analog. Think of how much nicer a DVD looks compared to VHS, it's the same idea (although the picture won't be THAT much improved).

Star Destroyer

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2006
And they did change it. It no longer comes with a laptop. well a macbook anyway. You need to buy one on your own, i think they are like 30$ on the apple store....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.