dvi to adc = quality loss?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by NarKEd, Jul 2, 2004.

1. NarKEd macrumors member

Jan 16, 2004
    Im thinking inupgrading my graphics card one of this days (to the new nvidia one that has 2 dvi connectors) but I have an old cinema display with adc connector. I dont know if I should buy an dvi to adc converter (will that affect in any way the quality of thge imagfe in screen?) or to sell my monitr and buy a new one (new genereation apple displays) but that would be much more money so I think the converter is the best option. I just want to make sure if there is no resolution loss or something like that. and some feedback about people using thgat converter. thanks
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    No loss whatsoever. ADC is just a conglomeration of DVI, USB, and power. The adapter just adds USB and power. Zero loss.
  3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Without ADC on the new monitors you get this...

Which probably would have been the best solution instead of going ADC in the first place.
  4. Jigglelicious macrumors 6502

Apr 25, 2004
    As both DVI and ADC are digital connections, there will be no loss at all.
  5. NarKEd thread starter macrumors member

Jan 16, 2004
    Ok thanks guys, I think Im keeping my monitor then.
    another question that is out of topic but here it goes:
    anybody knows if the new nvidia graphics card blobks one of the pci-x slots? because the card that I have right now (ati radeon) does.