Dying for an NHL game!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sean7512, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    Is there any hockey game available for Mac instead of that simulator thingy that just came out. I don't care if it is from 1996, I want some kind of hockey!! If I buy Virtual PC, would NHL 98 perform well on it...I'm guessing yes, because the graphics aren't too impressive. If it would work, up to what year of NHL do you think would work (I own 98 - 2005) If none of these would work, is there any chance of EA or Sega porting future NHL games to Mac?
  2. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    why not just pick up NHL 94 for genesis o_O that was a great game
  3. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    I own a GameCube with NHL Hitz, Hitz 2002 and Hitz 2003, NHL2K3, and NHL 2005. The only thing is I really don't like playing sports on the consoles, for whatever odd reason I'd rather use the computer monitor. I know, I'm weird but I also end up laying down on that comfy couch when I'm playing, then I suck!! I'd also like to play online.

Doing a google search for "NHL 99 Mac" turns up TONS of websites that has cheats for a Mac version of NHL 99, but I can't find out where to buy it...Anyone know?? Even IGN has a Mac version of cheats, so it seems like there really was a NHL 99 made for Mac. I want it bad, but where can I find it?
  4. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2004
    Warning: EA hasn't made a decent game (of any genre) since 1994.

Besides, everybody knows, Sega makes the best hockey games...
  5. alex_ant macrumors 68020

Feb 5, 2002
    All up in your bidness
    EA hasnt made Madden since 94?
  6. Jazzbolicious macrumors newbie

Nov 5, 2004
    Alfred, NY
    You mentioned virtual pc. There are... other emulators. Ones that play hockey games. Among other things. www.emulaton.net has a ridiculous amount of emulator programs. Finding the games for them is another matter altogether, both pragmatically and legally.
  7. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    When you say that there are emulators that play hockey games, are you refferring to Windows games? I do own NHL 98 - 2005 for Windows, so if it is just an x86 emulator, then would they work?. Or are you talking about something else?