Dymo Label Writer Not Working With Airport Express?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DEXTERITY, Feb 15, 2007.

1. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

I would greatly appreciate any help since Apple Tech Support was worthless as well as Dymos.

Before I begin I originally had the Dymo Label Writer connected to my G4 it printed fine. It also worked fine via shared printing on my G5.

I am now trying to get it work via airport express. Since I have an Epson R300 Printer and the Label Writer, I connected my USB hub to the USB Port of airport express. I was able to get my Epson printer to connect via rondevous. However, the Dymo Writer will not work. I can't add it from print utilities (it is in the list). And when I goto open the program it says to install the print drivers , which I have. Dymo said that was a common error message and doesn't necessarily mean the print drivers aren't installed but that something is wrong on the airport side.

Does anyone have any advice in regards to getting this to work? Apple said using the hub is fine. I just can't get it to add from the list of printers. It does appear in the list though. If I could get both printers to work I would be good to go.

Thank you in advance.

2. infodriveway macrumors member

infodriveway

Bump!

I'm trying to share a Dymo LabelWriter 330 Turbo on a Time Capsule.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work? It was working on my MacBook Pro (15-inch unibody running 10.5.7) when plugged into one of the USB ports. I couldn't use the "Default" Bonjour entry (in my case "DYMO DYM0008"). But I had to click "More Printers" and choose "Dymo LabelWriter".

Now I can't see any printers under "More Printers" and "Dymo LabelWriter".

Thanks in advance!