Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Surely the gaps between hops would stay dirty? Oh you don’t ride like a space hopper?

I test drove a Miele vacuum cleaner with a similar ‘steering’ feature although not a ball and it did seem to make the job easier however I don’t want to ever pay more than £100 for a vacuum cleaner.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Are we gonna see the 'Dyson Wheel' soon? And get charged over £300 for the privilege of cleaning some carpets? I paid £100 for my vacuum and it works much better than the Dyson I used to have and is better built. It's a Bosch.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Interesting - the site is a little top heavy.

Wonder if he got the inspiration from I Robot - all the vehicles had balls instead of wheels - very cool concept.

D

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
caveman_uk said:
Are we gonna see the 'Dyson Wheel' soon? And get charged over £300 for the privilege of cleaning some carpets? I paid £100 for my vacuum and it works much better than the Dyson I used to have and is better built. It's a Bosch.

One of Mr Dyson's early if not his first commerical success was putting a ball in place of the wheel on a wheel barrow. He may have been working for someone else at the time but it was his baby.

Seems he can't get balls off his mind even when he's trying to make the perfect sucking machine.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
An improvement on the wheel. Will make multidirectional movement of the vacuum cleaner much easier. Making it work lighter is good.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
The site is a completely useless. I'm trying to find information and all I get is flash and "click to go" crap. Ugh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.