E! Entertainment: "Studio 60" Gets Full Season Pick-up!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by RBMaraman, Nov 9, 2006.

1. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    According to E! Online's Kristin Veitch, resident TV expert and accurate insider:

There's only one thing to say to all those recent rumors of the cancellation of Studio 60: Pttthhhhhht. (Or however you might write the sound of a tongue sticking out.)

Reliable sources close to the network tell me that the ratings-challenged (but fan-adored) Studio 60 has received the "back nine" order, meaning that the series will complete a full season of 22 episodes for its freshman season.

I'm told that NBC Prez Kevin Reilly is standing behind Studio, and keeping it in its Monday night timeslot for the time being, in the hopes that the show's audience might grow.

Really, though, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the real reason Studio 60 was saved is you and our Save Your New Fave campaign. I mean, honestly, can you think of any other logical explanation?

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

May 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    WOW, what a week!!!! First the Dems take Congress...THEN Rumsfeld resigns, NOW MY FAVORITE SHOW IS SAVED!!!!! Maybe there IS a God!!!
  3. MacNut macrumors Core

Jan 4, 2002
    I guess that new NBC reality show is on hold for a while.
  4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Yes, a bunch of Mac nuts sitting around a computer waiting/searching for leaks on the new Apple mobile phone was likely deemed -- boring -- by the Windows using execs.
  5. rickvanr macrumors 68040

Apr 10, 2002
  6. RBMaraman thread starter macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    Variety Article...

Here's the Variety article, confirming "Studio 60" has been picked-up:

NBC gives full-season order to '60'
    Project has been a ratings disappointment
    NBC has given a full-season order to "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip," the frosh drama from producer Aaron Sorkin and Warner Bros. TV.
    Project has been a ratings disappointment, losing a huge chunk of its "Heroes" lead-in. Given the Peacock's huge investment in the skein--which continues to perform well among upscale auds--the pickup isn't completely surprising.

Media speculation about the fate of "Studio 60" has bordered on comical, with various websites and newspaper blogs reporting both the show's imminent death and its likely renewal.

7. Abulia macrumors 68000

Jun 22, 2004
    Kushiel's Scion
    Late to the party -- I only heard about this last night on The Tonight Show -- but great news! :D

Looks like those two people I told to watch "Studio 60" really pushed it over in the ratings! ;)
  8. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

Sep 13, 2003
    Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Just watched tonight's episode. The theme was product placement and they were debating having it. Thing is all laptops had a clear Apple Logo and iPod was every 5th word.

Oddly enough they aired the new ipod commercial during the show.
  9. Jengersue macrumors newbie

Dec 2, 2006
    Not entirely true. Lucy's, the english writer, computer during the back half of the show is a Dell. They also have switched Matt's computer from a black Mac Book to a Dell desktop.

As a member of the entertainment industry I can say the individual crew members tend to be Mac heavy while a number of the studios, NBC in particular, are staffing their offices with HP's and Dell's. So having the studio execs work off of PC's while the creative teams use Mac is a pretty accurate representation of the industry from what I've experienced.

With regards to product placement, it appeared the labels were pulled off of the Dassani and Fiji water bottles. They appeared in the earlier eps.