e

Discussion in 'Games' started by DEXTERITY, Sep 10, 2006.

1. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

2. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Some of these are logical. I would love to see it all be true.

3. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Hmmm, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt from having seen you around MR for a while, your good track record, and seeing no contradicting information, as usually I shoot down forum posters claiming insider knowledge right away. :) Besides, we'll know by the end of the week.

On the assumption that what you are saying is true...

Is this a playable or video interactive kiosk?
    [​IMG]

6. kineticpast macrumors member

I doubt you'll need to, most Wii and PS3 fans saw the demo kiosk pics a couple of weeks ago on most gaming sites.

There's been two threads here about it, the first a week ago with just that pic and then another with the video review of the video game stores' promo catalogue that discussed the setup of the kiosks, since pulled from YouTube.

[edit]Too slow! I really have to stop leaving the computer before posting! Anyway, the thread links are PS3/Wii Demo Displays? and Wii and ps3 kiosks are real, and video to prove it.[/edit]

7. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Tiauguinho

Thank you so much for the info! I for sure can't wait for the Wii! I surely hope that mid November it can be available in Europe :)

9. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Almost everything you've posted has been on blogs over the last couple of weeks. There's nothing new here other your price estimate, which seems like a guess.

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

No, it's reposts.

[​IMG]

11. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

12. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Sounds like a lose-lose situation. In a few days, either you are proven a lier or a disloyal employee :D (sorta kidding)

I have no reason not to believe you so far so I'll wait and watch. The anticipation is building up to a dangerous level.

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I've seen you around here and it looks like you talk sense so I'm going to hold everything in until it happens...you have your MR gaming cred on the line...if its tru...good looking out.

Bless

14. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

None of this has been in the blogs. While some of the info (like the price point) could be logically speculated, he sent me some photos that seem legit (I checked the metadata and zoomed in Photoshop), and are NOT taken from any blogs.

Don't be so fast to shoot him down. I think he's legit.

16. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

You see anything on the kiosks/adverts/event designs that might indicate any features we haven't heard about yet? You don't have to say what they might be if you can't, just curious if we have anything REALLY exciting to look forward to Thursday!

:)

17. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

-$229 as the price? I was hoping we'd see the $199 (or $179) figure. I'm assuming $229 gets you freebies including a couple VC games or a pack in title (Wii Sports?).

-Up to $10 for VC titles? Erm.... $5 is a good base figure on the high end (N64). It'd be nice to see NES = $1, SNES = $2, N64 = $5, with Genesis/TurboGrafx-16 setting their own prices ($2.50?). But $10? I hope it doesn't go that high...I think that's sorta steep.

Still though - no matter what - sheesh I can't wait any more!!! :D I want a console!

18. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Well, if there is going to be a small number of extra controllers available, that to me indicates they are putting 2 in the box. There's been lots of talk since it's announcement that WiiSports would be a pack in, and there's a rumor Ninty will confirm that, as well as announce a ton of news minigames that will be part of the disc this week. Also, assuming they use a point system for VC games similar to Live's setup, they miay give you some points for each registered purchase, in which case the Wii itself may be worth 100 points or something, enough to snag a game or two. Now, all of that would be a pretty good deal for $229... comparing it to what you get for the base price 360 or PS3, even if Nintendo offered a similar package to the competition (that is the system+1 controller) for $199, getting another controller and a game for $30 is a pretty sweet price.

As for $10, I am hoping that includes original VC games. I THINK they have confirmed we'll see some original titles available for download through the WiiConnect system. I'd pay up to $10 for a (good) 64 game as well. Put, a buck for a NES game is pretty much the max, I agree, and $2-5 for a SNES game would be beginning to push it a bit.

19. DEXTERITY thread starter macrumors 6502a

20. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

We've got the pictures up on NintendoPlayers.
    http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=477
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These were sent to me by DEXTERITY. If you check the metadata, and notice the Created in Photoshop tag, that was added when I watermarked it. The second pic had no Created in Photoshop tag and appears to be completely unmodified and the first one mentioned it having been modified in ImageReady (because it had been cropped).

Both pics have all the camera data you'd expect, DPI, exposure time, when the shot was taken, type of camera (1.3 megapixel motorola camera), etc. Looks legit...

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Praxis and Dexterity, a match made in heaven :p

Anyways guys n gals. Looks like I won't be buying a Wii after all. The disposable income fund is going on a new iMac instead. The irritating thing is my sister is buying a Wii on UK launch :D

22. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I can't access your website, is something wrong?

23. jdechko macrumors 68040

Say it isn't so, jimmi. I wanna play NSS on the Wii. :(

On an unrelated note, assuming the Wii allows homebrew and full hardware access, how hard do you think it would be to program a Wiimote-controlled version of Pong for the Wii. Press the "A" button to "serve" and move the controller up and down to move the paddles... that'd be really cool and pretty easy I'd imagine (though I'm no programmer).

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It would require little more than a decent physics engine, Paddles would be user controlled. Same AI as a 2D pong game is, apart from the new 3rd dimension and that.

Very easy actually.