1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

E2c Sound Isolating Earphones by Shure

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, May 12, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: Reviews
    Link: E2c Sound Isolating Earphones by Shure
    Description:: The E2c’s are a great-looking and great-sounding set of headphones that deliver a deep bass lacking in Apple’s stock iPod earbuds. Their noise canceling is amazing. Unfortunately both the noise canceling and rich sound they provide rely upon first creating a vacuum tight seal between the E2c’s and your ear drum. This can be a long and frustrating process if your ear canal is not the right size/shape. If you are familiar with similar in-the-ear earbuds and have had success with them, I think you will find the E2c’s a worthy upgrade. If you are new to this type of headphone, be sure to keep your receipt, just in case.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. macrumors 6502

I bought a pair of these as well, and I love them!

I did not know what to expect when I bought them.

First of all he was right on trying to open the package... it was a tough ordeal.

After that there was quite the learning curve on how to put the headphones on.

Once I figured it out though, I became enamered with them. Mowing the lawn.... almost all the sound cut out. Sprinting on the treadmill at the gym.... music is all I hear. All of this at 40-60% volume!!

Not only that the sound on them are pure Shure quality.

I'd highly recommend them.

3. Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I chose the Etymotic ER4P's over the Shures, same kind of in-ear design, same principle, but a better audio quality IMO.

Still, they are more expensive and the Shures are damn good.