e3, defcon, wwdc, macworld...anyone going?

Discussion in 'Community' started by janey, Apr 10, 2003.

1. janey macrumors 603

janey

anyone going to a conference/expo/trade show kinda thing sometime this year? i just want to know if there are people on these forums who are going to e3 or defcon :D
    if you don't know what e3 or defcon are:
    http://www.e3expo.com
    http://www.defcon.org

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I would love to go to E3, always have always will, I wonder if sony will pull out a sneak peak at the PS3 , I'dbe over the moon if they did though!

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

No interest in attending e3 or defcon. I would really like to attend WWDC because of the preview of Panther and the likely demonstration of the PPC 970, but can't afford to attend. :( Doesn't look like I will attend MWNY since Apple is boycotting! :( Someday I would like to attend MWSF, maybe could meet up with other Mac Forum members for a reunion! :)

4. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I would like to go to a MacWorld someday, but I don't know if I will ever go or not.

5. szark macrumors 68030

szark

I'm headed for WWDC, but not any of the others.

In the past, I've thought about attending e3, but have no current interest in it.

6. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

I went to the Air and Sea show once. That was cool :D :cool:

7. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

I am going to e3. I attended for the first time last year, it is pretty 'flamboyant' (the technical term would be 'totally nuts'). Not sure I could handle the media overkill more than once a year, but it is ok once in a while...kinda like Las Vegas :D

Oh, and I saw Mr. T last year, probably worth the ticket price alone...ok, ok, developers get in for free...

8. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

i have wanted to go for the past four years but i can't..."Absolutely Nobody Under the Age of 18 Will Be Admitted"

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That's great you have something to look forward to in 4 years! Will you be able to view online streaming video of the conference? :)

10. BrittasMac macrumors member

We'll end up at E3 again this year. I may make it to WWDC even though I wasn't able to attend last time. I went to MWSF but I'm not so sure if I'm willing to bother with the CREATE expo. I've never been to Defcon but would like to go sometime.

11. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

awesome!

12. dethl macrumors regular

Defcon here I come

Yup...I'm going to Defcon.....I'm not sure what all to expect, but I'm expecting at least for it to be really good....if any other people out there is going...leave a message, we can form a group or something :p

13. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

Re: Defcon here I come

let's form a group...i'm dying to go.

14. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

When is 'create' again?

If its not over some weird vacation I love going to expos.

I have for the last 4-5 years anyway... :D I saw the original iMac being unveiled so whenever that was... :p

15. dethl macrumors regular

Re: Re: Defcon here I come

PM me on where to meet up at the conference...Also, make reservations at the Alexis Park hotel as fast as you can, and you have to call them by phone, and tell them you are attending DefCon.

I will be driving up with my family (this is my high school senior trip), coming into Las Vegas on the 31st of July...Let me know what you have planned.

16. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

Re: Re: Re: Defcon here I come

thanks...i should make reservations as soon as possible.
    I wasn't planning anything really, just thought it would be nice to meet some Macrumors people there :D