EA Says The Sims 4 Will Be Coming to the Mac in 2014

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 6, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

EA has announced in a blog post that its Maxis studio will release The Sims 4 for the Mac and PC in 2014.

The company released no other details about the game, but said more information would be forthcoming.
    On another note, the new Sim City will arrive on the Mac June 11th.

Article Link: EA Says The Sims 4 Will Be Coming to the Mac in 2014
  2. lilianeloirinha, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013

macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2010
    They can keep their DRM-ridden game to themselves.

Besides, to own the entire series (expansions, "stuff packs", and whatnot) one must spend hundreds of pounds (dollars, whatever you use).

One must be insane to keep investing in EA Games after what they demonstrated with SimCity, they just do not care about the gamer, they care about their money.

Yes, EA is a business and they need money, but they could at least be fair and decent. Their games are not worth it anymore. They are the only company that thinks it's normal to ship broken products by design. If you buy a carton of milk and it turns out that it was sour, the vendor won't say "no refunds" to you, yet EA ships broken games and doesn't do refunds as fair as their TOS goes. What aggravates it more is how they are selling something intangible, they could create a free demo with no financial loss to them and let users try it before they buy, unlike the milk, which you couldn't try without opening the package first. Goes to show that this company should stop being trusted.
  3. macrumors member

Oct 22, 2011
    Let's hope it's not as terribly executed as the new SimCity.
  4. Simplicated, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013

macrumors 65816

Sep 20, 2008
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
    Probably this game will be crippled by yet another always-on DRM. Brace yourself for another launch disaster.
  5. macrumors member

Jul 30, 2012
    Baltimore, MD

No one wants your Stay-Online-To-Play crap, EA.
  6. macrumors 68000

Mar 5, 2013
    The Sims and Simcity were pretty cool when I had Windows 95 and games were limited to what your computer could run (and store on your cramped hard drive). That ship has sailed for me a long time ago.
  7. macrumors 68030

Mar 22, 2011
    Tokyo, Japan
    Coming out with PC version! - DELAYED
    Coming Spring 2013! - DELAYED
    Coming late 2013! - DELAYED
    Coming in 2014! - NEW
  8. macrumors 68030

T'hain Esh Kelch

Aug 5, 2001
    "A spokesman from EA told Macrumors that the game will be released in 2014 and be playable in 2015."
  9. macrumors 68020

Oct 14, 2011
    I have a few choice words about EA. But seeing as if I say them here I will get the ban-hammer, I'll keep it to myself.
  10. macrumors 603

Michael Goff

Jul 5, 2012
    EA is horrible, I mean... they're a company that's actually making games for the Mac.

We shouldn't support this sort of thing at all.

Let's prove that the normal PC, and maybe Linux, is where gaming truly belongs... by being whiners.
  11. macrumors newbie

May 6, 2013
  12. macrumors 65816

May 25, 2012
    This would be a great chance to bring the "freedom" model to the PC market! ;)
  13. macrumors 6502

Apr 6, 2012
  14. macrumors 68020

Nov 16, 2006
    I know a few people that the main reason they wouldn't get a mac is because they cant run the sims properly without bootcamp and stuff, so this is good news.

Im sure it will be an orgy of EA hate in here but more games are always good thing.
  15. macrumors 6502a

Aug 3, 2010
    What sealed this for me was the atrocious AI that's in this game. It's one thing to reverse some "political" DRM decision in the future, but I've seen few, if any, games from EA that have reworked such core concepts. This is one game where I'll look in the history books to make my decision.
  16. macrumors member

Apr 12, 2013
    EA tried to prevent piracy, and by doing so created a much bigger problem.

Their customers no longer trust them.
  17. macrumors 6502a

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm sure it won't be released at the same time on both platforms. So I'm guessing late 2014 release for Mac.
  18. macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2012
    Unless this game is incredible, The Sims 3 will be my last stop. It's been a great 13 years but I'm ready to get off the Sims upgrade treadmill. x_x
  19. macrumors 604

Nov 26, 2007
    No, EA treats all customers on all platforms equally poorly. Check PC gaming forums and you'll see the same (completely justified) whining.

I'm just surprised that I'm not alone anymore. I've been complaining about EA since 2004 and officially started boycotting their products in 2007 when I realized it wasn't just a few bad games or a few bad managers, but that the entire company is dedicated to making money by selling BS it calls "games".
  20. macrumors 65816

Sep 20, 2008
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
    :rolleyes: Your argument is so flawed. People are whining NOT because they're porting the games to the Mac. People are whining because EA is the worst company on Earth because all they care about is money.

Just wait and see the 247,311,249 expansion packs and item sets, and 318,022,112,381 DLC items that they'll release after Sims 4's release.
  21. macrumors 603

Sep 19, 2003
    The Sims dev team is different than SimCity's. That said, they are both controlled by EA...
  22. macrumors 65816

Apr 16, 2004
    Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be so hilarious watching EA screw up another popular franchise, I really can't wait.
  23. macrumors 603

Michael Goff

Jul 5, 2012
    And yet tons of people enjoy those games.

A lot of EA games are fun.

And no, not all whining on the internet is justified. A lot of EA hate isn't.

A company cares just about money? I mean, it's like you're telling me that the main purpose of a company is to make money or something.

Nah, that can't be true. It's just EA.

24. macrumors 68000

Jul 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    No thanks, if it is anything like Sims 3 then it will ramp up my fan constantly to 100% and superheat my MBP...
  25. macrumors 603

Michael Goff

Jul 5, 2012
    This is what we call a 'valid complaint'.

I hope that it doesn't turn out to be that way. Maybe they'll have learned their lesson. We can only wait until the first reviews show up (after release) and hope for the best.