EA Tiger Woods 2007 Xbox 360 Live is a JOKE

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jovian9, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I've been playing Tiger Woods (video game) for years. The last 2 years I've owned it on the GameCube. This year I bought it for the 360 b/c I had high expectations for playing it on Live. I bought this game the day it was released and have been building my character up ever since (to max him out and start playing him on Live). Tonight was the night.
    9 holes vs 3 other players
    The game is choppy. Often times your ball stops and then morphs/lags into another spot. The game seems to react a bit slower than when playing normally and has a clunkier feel while on Live. One of the other players would ALWAYS stop on his back swing for 3 or 4 seconds....and then finish his swing. This in effect eliminated any chance he was going to slice/hook his shots. The game allowed it. Instead of making his shots fall a lot shorter (as would happen in real golf) his ball had perfect flight and distance each time. (This is the guy who won by the way).
    I was in 3rd much of the match. On the 9th and final hole I hit an awesome drive (I'm always good on this game with my driver). I then chipped in from 60+ yards for an Eagle. YES!!!!! That puts me in 2nd place for the match. Hooray me. No.....wait a minute......my ball goes in the hole, the crowd starts cheering....and then a lag happens and my ball magically appears out of the whole and 4 feet away. I have to then putt in for birdie and tie for 2nd place. No glory in that :)
    I am VERY disappointed in online play for Tiger Woods '07. Clunky and slow would have been acceptable. But for the game to actually defy the laws of physics (when it is trying to be realistic) and remove the ball from the hole when a shot goes in is terrible. This is the last remaining EA Sports game I actually buy (I'm all 2k now and refuse to buy Madden). I may just have to stop buying Tiger Woods in '08.

Anyone else here have similar problems with this game on Live?

Thanks for listening to my rant :)

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I haven't played it on Live (vs. anyone else), so I can't confirm any of these issues.

I *love* playing this game just me against the course.

3. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

Ugh....this is very disappointing to hear. I only played '06 online a couple of times, and wasn't too impressed as well.

I take it by clay's account that this game is great offline??

IMO, the best console golf game was Links '04.

4. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

The game is great offline. I'll still play it that way, but online is just not that good.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've played Tiger Woods on my mates 360 a few times, not sure what year it was or anything like that. Live was fine for me, no stuttering or anything like that. Pity I was up against 2 very racist guys from Newcastle.

6. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Yeah I downloaded the demo last night and was not that impressed. I though links from a few years ago had better controls and played alot smoother

7. Symtex macrumors 6502a

The demo is on easy. The game is good on Tour. Very difficult. I have a hard time breaking par. You should give it a rent.

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I found that with Madden 07 it is really laggy sometimes, same with NHL 07. I have a fast internet connection so that isn't the problem. My friend has similar problems with his EA games... maybe EA is FUBAR'd something?

9. Moria macrumors regular

Do EA still make you play on their servers? If so, that's probably why its lagging. If other games play fine its down to the netcode in the game..

10. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Good question. I have no lag whatsoever on any other games (Halo2, NBA 2k7, Top Spin 2, etc.) and I have a cable internet connection which is plenty fast so perhaps it is the EA servers.

11. Symtex macrumors 6502a

Yeah, EA servers are a pain. They just plain suck. TW2007 on the hands is a decent golf game.

12. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

It's an EA game. Is this really any surprise?

They force you to use their laggy servers. They charge full price for incremental upgrades to their titles. They buy out the competition (NFL license) and, coming soon to a game console near you NOW, they make you pay for feature that's other consoles get for free via microtransations.

13. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

How the hell do you gt lag in a golf game? WTH?

14. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i wondered that too... nearly as bad as getting lag with the original doom which you can download

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If people continue to purchase crap from EA they get what they deserve.