Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I came across this bag in REI and happened to have my 11 inch MBA on me in a Brenthaven sleeve. Mac and sleeve fit nicely in the laptop compartment of the bag. It should certainly fit a 13 inch MBA as well, but unsure; they advertise it will fit a 15 inch computer, but my Macbook Pro 15 does not fit. (tried to when I got home.) Pricey, but can be searched out on sale. I bought it at the REI brick and mortar store at a discount. I asked why it wasn't online. They said it was on closeout.

It's the kind of pack for commuting with typical stuff and is not huge or physically sticks out and bumps into people. It converts from a back pack to a shoulder bag and back again.

Here is is on Amazon in another color (mine is black) so that you can see the specs and read people's comments about it:

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-Travel-Hitch-Daypack/dp/B002EUOU0K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Coincidentally I have the same bag, I posted it here a year or two ago, it's a pretty decent bag.

Wears really well, lot's of compartments for organizing, yes fits 11 and 13" MBA's perfectly. I know they advertise it fits a 15" too. No way.

I bought a leather backpack by Piel about the same size, I like it too. But the 'Hitch' has better organization and lighter weight.

Hope yours serves you well!

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Cool. I can't wait to try it out. Right now, it's still sitting in the shopping bag next to my desk. All that potential ... I recently tried Case Logic's Corvus back pack that I had high hopes for, but didn't warm up to it. Initial disappointment is that it's depicted in photo as Tumi-like, but does not deliver that effect in person. It arrived all wrinkled and cheap looking. Ultimately, the layout wasn't to my liking. Others posted good reviews, but several felt it was overpriced for what it actually was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.