EarPods replacement

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Blackened, Sep 17, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

I bought an IPT 5G at launch and within a few months the wire covering just below the usb connector tore and exposed the wires. My question is, how do I file a warranty claim online as I'm not close to and Apple store. I haven't been able to find anything on their website. Or is there a number I can call? I'm closing in on a year fast. Any help would be appreciated.

2. macrumors 6502a

Pakaku

You might be too late, the Apple website tells me they only do refunds or exchanges within 14 days of purchase.

It won't help with your return situation, but I'd personally forget about earpods entirely and get myself a nice set of headphones. Sennheiser is probably a safe bet.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

I was under the impression the earpods that came with a device were covered by the same 1 year warranty

4. macrumors newbie

Have you tried calling 1-800-APL-CARE?

As long as you're still under your limited warranty they should be able to help you out with the replacement because you aren't near a store.

Cheers

5. thread starter macrumors regular

aah, tyvm

6. macrumors 603

Carlanga

No, you are wrong.

Earpods fall under the year warranty not refunds/exchanges...

CAll apple and ask for replacement earpods, they should send you new ones and you send them the old ones back as long as you are still in warranty.

7. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

I walked into the store just with the EarPods and explained they weren't working. The in person route will give you better results. Show them, let them go and grab you one from the back and throw out your old ones, and then leave with your new replacement EarPods. :)

8. thread starter macrumors regular

Just gave them a call and the replacement earpods are on the way. thanks for the help

9. macrumors 603

Carlanga

The ts is not close to a physical store

Great, see easy peasy :)