Earthquake Prediction for 2004 for the World

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BoykoIliev, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoykoIliev macrumors newbie

Dear Sirs,
    I send you the next earthquake prediction for the
    World for 2004.
    Japan:
    15th of September,8th of October,10th and 19th and
    21th and 25th of November(maybe earthquake storm),7th
    and 19th of December
    Mongolia:28th of September
    Algeria:7th-8th of September,28th of October
    Greece:
    17th and 27th of September,1st-2nd and 10th and 12th
    and 16th 29th of October(maybe earthquake storm),6th
    and 12th and 19th of November,19th of December
    Italy:
    4th of September,14th and 27th of October,6th and
    21,22,23,24,25 of Novenber(maybe earthquake storm),4th
    and 10th and 16th and 22th of December
    China:
    14th of October,
    7th of November,
    From 19th to 24th of November(maybe earthquake storm),
    6th of December
    Iran:
    30th of August,from 18th to 23th of November,9th and
    16th of December
    Turkey:
    11th and 29th of October,13th and 19th of
    November,23th of December
    I claim that in California,Los Angeles do not earthquake on the 5th of September 2004.
    If you are interested earthquake prediction in the past you can open in yahoo.com here:"earthquake prediction by Boyko Iliev".
    You can open here:www.free.top.bg/laquakes
    Thank you. :D :p :D
    With Respect: Boyko Iliev

2. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

do you also sell x-ray sunglasses?

3. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

With my teenage pride I give this a big "Whatever" :D

4. dotnina macrumors 6502a

5. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

San Francisco was supposed to have had "the big one" by Sept. 2 of this year. A few more days and we'll see I suppose...

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Would not go out to that link on Windows machine for sure.

7. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I wonder how wallstreet would behave if they trust this BS... :eek:

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That person certainly missed the recent earthquake in Greece. Don't imagine Wall Street would pay much attention since it's not in the US. :confused:

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

10. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Good thing I'm all paid up on my Sky Insurance!

11. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

and in other news, batboy helps marines fight off taliban in Afghanistan.

iJon

12. friarbayliff macrumors regular

Unfortunately Dr. Doom helped to thwart batboy and help the taliban army escape with minimal casualties

13. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

please don't send this thread to wasteland: it's just getting fun :D

14. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

This reminds of back in the 1980's when some scientist gave a prediction that the New Madrid fault near St. Louis would go I think in December of that year. As luck would have it the company I worked for was based in St. Louis and I was up for a job in Dallas. They flew me in for 5 days worth of meetings and training, two days before when the Big Event was to happen.

As a little background the New madrid Fault is said to have given the biggest earthquake in modern time back in like 1811-12. It was so powerful, it was said to have rung church bells in Boston.

So when I arrived in St. Louis, the company put me up at the Day Inn on I-70 near the airport. Friends of mine from California suggested that I take a room on the top floors, "just in case". Guess the rest of the guests got the same advice. :) Then with the heavy truck traffic rumbling along I-70 and the Jumbos taking-off; I didn't get much sleep the first night.

Morning came, and all was safe. Went into the office. They gave me a tour of the office. They proudly pointed that since the building was some sort of factory years ago, that engineers said that the building could take between a 5 to 5.5 with just structural damage. They were also proud to point out that they had bolted the file cabinets and bookcases to the walls. They also had placed a great number of potable water tanks throughout the building.

They also decided because of the warning to have the data transmitted to the St. Louis location to data centers in Las Vegas and Toronto. They also had set it up so that if communications to the company had been lost to St. Louis; that responsibilities would first fall to each Regional Manager. If communications were lost to them; it progressed to the District Manager.

Keep in mind, I was in my twenties at the time. So all this prep was for a retail organization, and my mindset was that if the New Madrid leveled as much of the midwest as predicted, I doubted that the rest of the country would care about shopping.

Few more experiences of my five days there. Of course the "street preachers" were out on every corner. I was told that gun shops were sold out. So were most sporting goods shops that sold tents and camping supplies. People were camped out in open fields in tents according the news reports I saw on TV.

My first day in St. Louis, they gave the afternoon of till evening meetings, and suggested that I go over to the Arch, "while it is still there". Being a fatalist (I know about my sleepless night, but no one is truelly ready to go in my mind. :) ) I decided to go visit the Arch (the company is on Washington Street, not far from the arch). The Park Ranger was proud to say about the structural integrity of the Arch to with stand a certain magnitude earthquake (sorry, I guess I was more impressed to remember my companies numbers).

Well, nothing happened, either before or after the "date". In the end I look back now and see that the company I worked for was 20 years ahead of their time. I can only assume that they kept the programs for the Big One East intact. If so they are ready for the "New World" of terror. Much like those of us here in DC still have our duct tape and plastic (Or at least some).

For me at 46, I think I have lived a "Forrest Gump" sort of life. Yeah, there are things that I still want to do. But if the tap on the shoulder came from the Big Man upstairs, I would feel few regrets. If the Good Lord allows I will see Barry Manilow's "first" farewell concert in October at the MCI in a Sky Suite, courtesy of one of my well connected friends. If not no loss.

I find that as I grow older, living longer doesn't seem to have the attraction as when I was young. I do hope that science can come up with accurate predictions for earthquakes, hurricanes, and other forces of nature.

As always, thanks for letting me share some of my life. I to hope that this doesn't get wastelanded. I hope I provide some content that proves that point. Though some may disagree.

15. Merf macrumors regular

Earthquake

Now would you consider your life to be Gump like as in the movie? Or as in the book? I persoanlly like the book more but the movie is good. In the book he does a lot more like go into space and have a monkey friend and other really funny stuff.

Merf

16. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Only on Mac Forums could such a question pop up IMO. I have to admit that I never read the book. I have seen the movie. And "coming of age" in the DC area, I see myself more like the movie verses the book.

Growing up in DC, and coming of age in DC - I have had the opportunity to the "movie" Gump life. I was given my Mom's chutzpah. "You never get what you never ask for...".

At some point when it fits better I will share my life experiences.

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

No, no wasteland. I really want to see if this guy is right. :)

18. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Fly to Japan... It really challenges you with the earth shaking under your feet... :eek: I've lived 6 Earthquakes by now and at the last one I was in the shower :eek:

19. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

What?!?! There are no earthquakes in Japan! :D :D :D

On a serious note, when I came here almost 16 years ago, I noticed every earthquake and tremor. There were many it seemed. The first major one that I remember vividly was waking up in my bed with my head turning side to side, and of course my body moving similarly. It took me a while to figure out what was happening. When I finally focused, I saw everything in my apartment going/moving back and forth. The foot of my bed faced my closets. I kept the doors open to let the air circulate. I saw the doors going back and forth along with my clothes (most of which fell off the bar).

Now I very seldom even notice an earthquake, let alone tremors. Guess I've gotten used to the after all these years...

In the FWIW department, most new apartments/homes now have earthquake doors. They have a magnetic/mechanical lock to keep them from opening during an earthquake -- at least that is the idea.

Who knows when the big one will hit. Life goes on.

Sushi

20. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I actually meant Japan, because it's the first in the list... the earthquakes I've lived were mostly in south-america ...

21. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Uh, I knew that you meant Japan. That is why I wrote what I did at the beginning of my message. Trying to be funny. Guess I wasn't.

In Japan, there are so many earthquakes and tremors, you just get used to it after a while.

Sushi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.