Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Sprint-branded retail stores on the East Coast are nearly sold out of iPhone 5 inventory, according to a Sprint statement provided to AllThingsD. iPhone sales have been robust at most locations this morning, with some customers who placed pre-orders at Best Buy being told they may not get phones for weeks.
"At this time, the majority of East Coast Sprint-branded retail stores are seriously constrained or sold out of iPhone 5 inventory provided to us by Apple," the carrier said. "Our stores will be resupplied as soon as additional devices are received from Apple."
NewImage38.png

The above image shows an internal Sprint retail order page, with the iPhone 5 out-of-stock in all models at "eligible warehouses" for fulfillment to this particular Sprint location.

Article Link: East Coast Sprint iPhone Inventories are "Seriously Constrained"

akiraboi

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
USA
The Apple store I went to this morning in Minneapolis had no Sprint phones in black. Needless to say quite a few disappointed people who stood in line for hours for that particular phone.

bjett92

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Indy, IN
I got in line at Sprint this morning around 5:00 and was 6th in line. By 7:30 the line was about 45 people long. At 7:30 the manager comes out to say that got about 30 phones in stock and that nobody should expect to get the phone they want. People were not happy with Sprint...

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
I got in line at Sprint this morning around 5:00 and was 6th in line. By 7:30 the line was about 45 people long. At 7:30 the manager comes out to say that got about 30 phones in stock and that nobody should expect to get the phone they want. People were not happy with Sprint...

Not sure how it's Sprint's fault here. They only got X amount of phones...end of story.

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
?.. and that nobody should expect to get the phone they want. People were not happy with Sprint...

I don't know about you, but I'd be "sprint"ing the other way with service like that. Wtf is with that Gestapo crap, ?

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
This is a sign for customers to Sprint the hell away from this ridiculously terrible company.

Not only do they do NOT have

-LTE coverage
-Plans to get LTE coverage to a majority of large US cities in the near future.
-Good enough 3G speed (.06 up .01 down on 4S...WHAT THE FFFF?!)

They also have

-dbags employees

You get what you pay for folks!

Sprint - Unlimited Data You CAN'T Use

swissglide

macrumors member
May 9, 2010
Burlington, VT
The Apple store I went to this morning in Minneapolis had no Sprint phones in black. Needless to say quite a few disappointed people who stood in line for hours for that particular phone.

Same here, I went to an Apple Store in NY, and before they opened the doors, they announces that no Sprint iPhones in Black were available.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
This is a sign for customers to Sprint the hell away from this ridiculously terrible company.

Not only do they do NOT have

-LTE coverage
-Plans to get LTE coverage to a majority of large US cities in the near future.
-Good enough 3G speed (.06 up .01 down on 4S...WHAT THE FFFF?!)

They also have

-dbags employees

You get what you pay for folks!

Sprint - Unlimited Data You CAN'T Use

Sprint phones I have played with gets at least 800 kbps - 1.2 mbps down, which is sufficient for what I would use it for. Keep in mind, I am coming from T-Mobile EDGE.

LTE Coverage IS coming according to their release maps.

And I have never had a problem with their employees at all.

JSandefer

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2011
The Apple Store I was at this morning north of Houston said they had 0 Sprint phones to sell.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
If the Sprint customers think they are bummed now, wait until they get their phones activated.

I hate to agree with you. October will be my 1 year anniversary with Sprint on the 4S. It started out great actually, the first 8 months were heaven, but as we reached summer it got slow, end of summer it is unbearable.

And I am not the only one feeling the pinch, my brother in texas has a similar experience. I am at a point were unfortunately I turn off the 3G while at work or overnight, because 3G 'standby' drains the power very quickly, due to weaker signal / more congested network.

I am waiting for the unlocked 5 and will go on t-mobile or at&t gophone. I

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.