East West Symphony Silver and Logic Express

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by jainonen, Jan 31, 2007.

1. jainonen macrumors newbie

Jan 31, 2007
    I am really interested in buying the East West Symphony Orchestra Silver Edition. I have tried to get answers everywhere, but I have not been getting any. Does the Silver Edition work with Logic Express or not? Can somebody help me?

Other choise addition to Logic Express could be Cubase SE 3. Is this good music making software? Is it compatible with East West Symphony Silver?

Thank you so much for answering!
  2. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

Sep 21, 2005
    I would avoid East West Silver, if it's not too late. The quality of the sampled instruments is very poor. Some instruments are only sampled every three or six semitones. It's pretty bad, I've found.

Get the Apple orchestral Jam pack. You get full orchestral instruments you can sequence with that sound MUCH better than the EW Silver.

I find Logic much better for music creation and midi work than any other product out there. Cubase, Digital Performer, anything. It's a personal preference though. Try demos of each and see which you like. In CA Logic is the leading app used in scoring for film with samples and such. It has recently seemed to overtake Digital Performer which was dominant in that market before.
  3. jainonen thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 31, 2007

Thanks for your answer! No it´s not too late, I am still planning. Actually I allready have Jam Pack Symphony (using it with garageband) and I have found it pretty amazing being so affordable. I just would like to have a little better strings, I think Jam Packs woodwinds are wonderful. The strings is why I have been thinking about Silver. But it is good to know, it is not that superior.

Do you guys have any experience using Halion symphonic orchestra from Steinberg? MP3 demos sound pretty amazing...

Logic is my choise then! :)
  4. Loge macrumors 68020

Jun 24, 2004
    Have you tried these free software instruments -

I haven't got around to trying them myself, but they may address one of the shortcomings of the Symphony Orchestra jam packs, that is a lack of solo string instruments.
  5. jainonen thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 31, 2007
    I will try

Thank you. Couldn´t find them without your help. I will try them out!