Eastern US blanketed by snow

Discussion in 'Community' started by zelmo, Jan 22, 2005.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I got home from work at 12:30p today, and my truck was clear. Look now, only two hours later...

Attached Files:

2. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

3. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

By my estimate, we are currently getting about 2 inches per hour. I guess in some parts of the world that is pretty ho-hum, but not around here.
    My back is already aching, thinking about shovelling all that snow later...

4. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Yup. Looking outside my window @ Commons, it wuz really heavy around 12-2, its slowed down a bit now.

5. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Well, maybe the Comcast Center won't be too crowded for the Terps game tomorrow, and they'll let more students get in.

6. iGav macrumors G3

2 inches would grind the UK to a screeching halt. :eek:

Damn I wish it'd snow here... :(

7. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Heh, we'll see. The Wake game in the '02-'03 season was like that. We had just had a ton of snow dropped on us by the blizzard; but we blew them out 90-67, with only half the lights on, a predominant student crowd mostly from North Campus and this commentator-in-training (sounded like a guy my age, lol).

The snow has stopped now, so I'm sure the roads will be 50-70% cleared by the 6pm tip-off.

By the way, you a season-ticket holder?

8. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    yep, we've had approximately 4 inches here in the last couple of hours....

....what amazes me thoguh is that's there's still people out there driving with no lights on, and it's state law to have your lights on if you have your wipers on!

9. VincentVega macrumors regular

We had a brief snow shower up in the Midlands but it didn't last very long, neither did the snow settle. Like you, I wish it would snow, and I mean really snow.

10. Frozone macrumors 6502

Well, If any of ya'll want to trade spots for a few days i'd be more than happy. I live in deep south Georgia where we just don't get snow. Last time it really snowed here and stuck was back in 89'. And even then it was only like an inch or two. So i'd be more than happy to trade our weather with ya'lls. It's currently 73 F outside. It's supposed to get down to 18 tomorrow (Sunday) night tho.

11. SuperChuck macrumors 6502

SuperChuck

12. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

19 Flights from London Heathrow cancelled because of weather in eastern U.S.

13. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

damn I am tired!

I just went out to shovel . We have about a foot now and it is still coming down at a pretty good pace...at least tomorrow when I go out to shovel again, there should only be about another 5-6 inches.

Hickman

14. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

here in my home town, we got hammered yet again. last night they were forecasting a possible 8-10 inches. but i think we only got somewhere between 6-8 inches, but tonight they are calling for high winds 30-50 mph.

we are going to have drifts like crazy around here.

15. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

ilove snow! :D

Attached Files:

16. Xenious macrumors 6502a

Yep I barely got out of Chicago O'Hare last night (tho 5 hours late)

17. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

No such luck. I didn't have $10,000 to donate to the Terrapin Club to make myself eligible for purchasing tickets. I have to rely on friends who throw me a bone once in a while. Haven't even seen a conference game in Comcast yet.

The roads will likely be clear, but parking ought to be extra fun, what with spaces piled high with snow from the plows.

18. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Damn. Something depressing about what you just said, only making me more sad when I graduate =(

19. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Boston, Massachusetts 9 p.m. EST
    Currently: 26°F Snow
    Wind: East at 26.0 MPH
    Humidity: 84.0%
    Dewpoint: 22°F
    Barometer: 29.89* inches and falling
    Wind Chill: 10°F

This is the warmest that it has been all week

Currently there are 157 closings for this evening and tomorrow. Parking bans in effect in most cities including Boston.

Suffolk County

Blizzard warning in effect until 6 p.m. est Sunday. coastal flood warning in effect from 7 am est to 1 p.m. est sunday,

Tonight: snow, heavy at times with blizzard conditions. Snow accumulation of 12 to 16 inches by morning. Windy. Not as cold with lows around 15. North winds 10 to 15 mph, becoming northeast later this evening and increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
    Sunday: snow, heavy at times in the morning with blizzard conditions, then tapering off to flurries late in the day. Total snow accumulations of 18 to 26 inches. Coastal flooding likely during the morning high tide. Very windy with highs around 20. North winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.

I'm suppose to be at my Church by 7:15am tomorrow. Still not sure how I'm going to get there.

20. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

CT

we are also doomed in connecticut.
    i just dont want to lose cable LOL

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If you stopped in any grocery store today, you would know that a storm was coming (and is here now). People were lined all the way to the back of our store today, and I bet we pushed through 3000 customers (normal for a weekday is 1500). I've been here 3 and 1/2 years, and this is the busiest I have ever seen it, including right before Thanksgiving and Christmas. Ugh, what a day :(

22. sethwerkheiser macrumors regular

We got about 7" or so here in Flushing, Queens. If NYC declares a state of an emergency I don't have work tommorow! PLEASE SNOW MORE! hehe...