Eastview Mall, Victor NY

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by BOSS10L, Jun 15, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Who's going? I've got one pre-ordered. I'll see if I can get my in-laws to get our sons on the bus so I can be there when they open. :)

2. macrumors newbie

I've got my pre-order in and will be picking up at Eastview Mall.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool. What time you thinking people will start lining up?

4. macrumors newbie

I will be there as well. Get up early, have some coffee, and wait with the rest of us hooligans ;)

5. macrumors newbie

I don't know for sure when people will start lining up. I am planning on going pretty early because I need to get out fast and over to work by 8. I don't know for sure though, maybe 5 or 6.

6. macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat. I probably could be as late to work as 8:30am, but it'll be a long day if I get to the store by 5am.

Hopefully, the line moves quickly!

7. macrumors newbie

Me too

I'm hoping to likely go to Eastview as well, since I'm in Manchester and that's probably the closest place. I think Wal-Mart is going to have them as well, right? Does anyone have any ideas how that'll play out? Especially with the 24-hour walmart in canandaigua? Also, who's camping at AT&T at Eastview, and who's going to the Apple Store?

8. macrumors 6502

So I get a reservation to pick up the iphone there, do you guys think there would be a special line for those that reserved a spot and those that just went?

9. macrumors 6502

Now that I think about it, people who didn't reserve would probably be turned away.

10. macrumors newbie

It'd probably just be one massive line. And I don't think they'd turn away people who haven't pre-ordered, since all retail outlets are getting an undetermined quantity for that purpose (non pre-order).

11. macrumors newbie

places

Anyone think they know the best place to go as far as lines? I know they're being sold at Radio Shack, Apple Store, AT&T Stores, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart. The problem is, three of those places are in the mall, the Wal-Mart is just down the road (unless I go to CDGA or Macedon), and the Best Buy that is an Apple reseller is in Henrietta. I don't mind queuing up in the wee hours of the morning, but would want to be in the top 10 or so just to guarantee I'd get one.

Jerry

12. macrumors newbie

I would just go to the Apple store, if you have a reservation that is. Apple will have a much larger supply than any other store (or so I would assume).

13. macrumors newbie

That's the problem... I DON'T have a reservation. I spent all day trying to pre-order on the 15th, but to no avail. Managed to pre-order my girlfriend's iPhone though! Shame I didn't do mine first! :eek:
    Jerry

14. macrumors regular

I'll be there. Last year they had a line for reserves and a line for people who didn't, and they took maybe 5 reserved people at a time and 1 or 2 non-reserve people. I'd like to get there early enough so that on the off-chance they have a limited supply of white iPhones I can get one of those instead of my black one.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm with you there, but from what I've read, I don't think anyone will have white ones at launch. As much as I'd like a white one, I'm not going to wait a month or two extra for it, especially considering I've got one pre-ordered. Push comes to shove, I'll get this one now, and when the white one comes out, I can get that and give the black one to my wife.

So, they're opening the doors at 7. What time will Eastview start letting us in to line up? I think I may just take a trip to Eastview tomorrow morning after breakfast to find out last minute details and whatnot.

16. macrumors newbie

MARK!!!!!!

I'm getting there as early as I can. I want to get my iPhone and get out quickly.

I'm just wondering when the mall will let us in.

17. macrumors newbie

et

Scratch that. Just called AT&T in Canandaigua and they have a waiting list to get a ticket. Basically if you sign up on the list, you'll get a ticket at 7am based on your position, which essentially gives you a spot in line. I guess, depending on their stock, I may or may not have one, since I'm at position 7. But, I only have to be there at 7am to get my ticket anyway, so no waiting in line at 4am. I think I like this option.

Jerry

18. macrumors 6502

Hey All!

I love that we have quite a few people in this area looking to go here!

I confirmed both through a friend and through a random employee at Eastview that reservations that received an email, REGARDLESS of its visibility on the reservation website, will be accepted. He said if you can't see it, just be safe and bring a printout of the confirmation email that has your email on it, that way they can confirm and allow the exception.

THERE WILL BE 2 lines, like the 3GS launch - one for reserved and another for non-reserved. Those with reservations will receive priority in entering the store. All others will be first-come-first-serve based on their own line.

Reservations do not guarantee a phone, but will get you priority.

So go early and be happy. See you all there!

19. macrumors regular

I'm about 15min from Eastview and am gonna try and wake up at 4 that day. Maybe earlier? I'm probably just going to bring my PSP and try and rip through MGS Peace Walker with my friend. Should make time fly.

20. macrumors member

I have a confirmed reservation and still going to get there around 4. Call me crazy :p

21. macrumors newbie

Ok guys,
    I emailed eastview mall to see what's good for launch day, and this is the response I got:
    Hi Jerry,
    Thank you for writing about the iPhone 4 launch. The mall doors open as early as 7am every day because we have a number of mall walkers who are here every morning. You are welcome to enter the mall then and get in line at Apple or the AT&T store. If you are going to the Apple store, I would suggest using the entrance near P.F. Chang’s and Champps. If you are going to the AT&T store, I suggest using Entrance #4 which is between Sears and JC Penney. Lines usually begin forming as early as 8am. Thanks again for your questions and best of luck with your new iPhone purchase!

Marie Karasinski
    Marketing Director​

She makes it sound as if she doesn't know the store is gonna open early (unless that is the early time). Anyways, hope that helps guys!
    Jerry

22. macrumors regular

Yeah she doesn't seem to know what's going on. When did it open last year? I'm pretty sure I was inside around 6.

23. macrumors newbie

I contacted the Mall too, and was informed the doors open between 6:30 - 7:00am for "Mall Walkers." Just suit up as if you're going for a brisk walk-jog, haha!

There's a 60% chance of rain Thursday morning, but this could change 10 times over the next two days. I guess it's best to arrive early for a spot under the little overhang at the doors.

I can't imagine there will be hundreds of people waiting around toooo early ... we shall see though. Backpacks are allowed in the mall, so a little coffee and entertainment will be OK to occupy yourself for the wait.

Someone already asked what time the Mall opened last year, but I would also like to know what kind of a crowd there was if anyone experienced this first hand at Eastview. Thanks, and good luck to everyone.

Shabaaz

24. macrumors 6502

Anyone who's reservation doesn't show up when searched on the east view site

I found out earlier that my reservation miraculously disappeared from Apple's system like many others.

After calling the 800 number and talking to a rep earlier at east view, I finally got in touch with Alex, a manager at the store.

She laughed and said that a LOT of people had the same problem as me at their store, let alone in the US. She said basically what the other managers are going to do (which she did with min) is place a repair sticker with Case ID on it. That case ID is to be given to the rep you get once to the store and tell them it is one of the phones with the sticker on it. They will then go back and give you the phone with your sticker on it.

Basically: They already have stock of the phones as of today, as she said she put my sticker on it while I was on the phone with her. Anyone who can't find their reservation should call them tonight and tell them their situation, so long as you received a confirmation email after making the original reservation that says it will be held UNTIL END OF BUSINESS DAY. And not first come first serve.

So now on Thursday morning I am getting there just before 7am, and will have a phone FOR SURE because it has my OWN number on it! Which is sweet because reservations do not guarantee you will get a phone if stock runs out. But for me that is not the case because of this sticker.

Oh but I am still getting there early for my father who couldn't make up his mind that morning and was too late to get a reservation in before they were closed. So now I think he is forced to stand in the other line... But he has to come and pay for ours so they might just give him one while he is in there. We will see.

Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you all there!

25. macrumors newbie

The reservation section on Eastview's site has nothing to do with iPhone 4 reservations. This confirms workshops and other such reservations. Confirmed by Apple Store Eastview Associate.