Easy GIF animations? (App needed)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Benjamindaines, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Ok here's what I want to do; I want to have a paper airplane fly from off of the screen to the center, unfold and have words on the inside. Now how I would like to be able to do this; I want to be able to draw the airplane, move it off to the side, duplicate the airplane and in the next "phase" move the plane to the middle of the page. I want the app to fill in the animation in the middle (have it smoothly slide to my second location). The rest I can do on my own but I really need an app that will do that. Anyone know of one that would do that?

2. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

I use photoshop to do stuff like that at work all the time. Otherwise, I wouldn't know, but Photoshop is really easy.

3. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

try giffun, i use it for making my avatars. pretty simple, whether thats a good thing or not i dont know.

4. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

I use Giffun too. Although i cant figure out how to change the quality settings of the images, whenever i make one im always disappointed in the change in quality, its shoddy.

5. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I don't really want to have to make each individual frame, I want something more like this http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/7994 but something that actually works.

6. xlopez macrumors member

You can try Flash. Download the trial... Just export the movie you create to .gif format. Simple flash animation is pretty easy. What you do is that you set up a 'path' for the image from one place to another. Hope that helps.

7. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I second that. I use Flash Pro for my animated gifs. It works great.